HARBOUR VILLAGE PROPERTY OWNERS ASSOCIATION, Inc.
Minutes of Board of Directors Meeting
September 12th 2006
President Brian Kirkpatrick called the meeting to order at 10:00 am.
Board Members Present: Vice President: Rich Moreau and Treasurer: Ty Bevington, were present in person, President: Brian Kirkpatrick and Director: Naomi Conrad was present via telephone, thus establishing a quorum. Secretary: Donna Gerritsen was unable to attend. Also present was Peter Grant, representing Peter Grant, Inc. our management company.
Notice of Meeting: A Meeting notice with agenda was posted in the normal manner in accordance with the Association Bylaws and Florida Statute #718.
Approval of Minutes:. Rich Moreau made a motion to approve the minutes of the 6/28/06 board meeting as previously distributed to board members. Ty Bevington seconded the motion. The motion passed 4:0.
Financial Report: Treasurer, Ty Bevington gave an overview of financial data through the period ending August 31st 2006 as distributed to each Director prior to the meeting. He provided a short discussion on the budget variance report to discuss items under or over budget.
Landscaping Report: Ty Bevington gave a brief overview of the conditions at Harbour Village and how they are effecting the landscaping. A mistake by the new pest control company has sprayed herbicide over the lawn doing some damage.
Clubhouse Report: Management advised that the kitchen counter tops have been replaced. Donna Gerritsen has advised that the availability of historic El Jobean pictures has not yet been forthcoming from the planned source. More research will need to be done to locate another source.
Insurance Report: Management reported that Citizens Insurance has advised that substantial premium increases (100% to 150%) are likely with the December 1st renewals.
Hurricane Shutter Report: Rich Moreau advised that hurricane shutters have been installed on the clubhouse as approved. These will be left up through November to provide Owners the opportunity to view them.
Drainage project: Ty Bevington reported on the success of drainage work in front of the clubhouse. A pipe was discovered under the building that helps drain the water away. A pump may be necessary to speed the drainage.
· Gutters on rear of building #2: Ty Bevington advised that this project will be completed next week.
· Painting of parking bumpers: Management advised that this project has been completed.
· Speed Bumps: Management advised that this project has been completed. Some discussion ensued about the possible need to install additional speed bumps if owners/renters do not reduce speed. Management was instructed to send a letter to the Villas asking them to remind their owners and renters about the 10mph speed limit.
· Water Heater Letter responses: Management advised that receipts are now on file for all units.
· Loft Modification Inspections: Management was instructed to complete the preliminary inspections as soon as possible.
· Rule Compliance: Brian Kirkpatrick raised the subject of rule compliance. Discussion ensued on various items, trailers, pets, boats, personal property. Management was instructed that it is the Board’s wish that all rules be enforced equally, regularly and quickly when non-compliance is seen or reported.
Next Board meeting: Next Board Meeting: Tuesday, October 24th 2006 at 10:00AM in the Clubhouse.
There being no further business before the Board, Ty Bevington made a motion to adjourn, and Naomi Conrad seconded the motion. The motion passed.