HARBOUR VILLAGE PROPERTY OWNERS ASSOCIATION, Inc.
Minutes of Board of Directors Meeting
September 4th 2008
President, Rich Moreau, called the meeting to order at 10:00 am.
Board Members Present: In person were: President: Rich Moreau, Secretary: Naomi Conrad and Director: Mike Chiara; via teleconference were: Vice President: Donna Gerritsen, and Treasurer: Bill Lander, thus establishing a quorum. Also present was Peter Grant, representing Peter Grant, Inc. the Association’s Management Company.
Notice of Meeting: A Meeting notice with agenda was posted in the normal manner in accordance with the Association Bylaws and Florida Statute #718.
Approval of Minutes:. Bill Lander made a motion to approve the minutes of the 7/8/08 as previously distributed. Second by Donna Gerritsen. All in favor. The motion passed.
Financial Report: Management presented financial statements as of 8/31/08 showing that the Association has $238,627.69 in cash or cash equivalents and $260,905.75 in total assets. Management advised that as of today there are two delinquencies. The YTD budget variance report was discussed and various questions answered. The current budget status shows $8,128.74 under budget year to date.
· Drainage: Mike Chiara presented a plan and cost analysis for drainage between buildings #3 & #4. Costs are less than $400.00 and a volunteer group will work on this project when the grounds are dry enough. A pump will be required in front of the club house as this drain cannot flow fast enough to adequately drain heavy rain.
· Dryer Vent Cleaning: Management advised that the project is completed except for two units and that there appears to be three disconnected vent pipes inside walls. Management was instructed to have these items completed.
· Irrigation: Rich Moreau is preparing a detailed drawing of the entire irrigation system. It was decided to cap off the non-operational section behind building #2 to avoid further waste of water. The possibility of well water usage for irrigation was discussed. A study will be made as to what investment would be necessary for this.
· Clubhouse Security: Donna Gerritsen & Naomi Conrad were asked to explore further the costs and types of monitored video surveillance systems that could be installed in the clubhouse.
· Gated Entry: Management advised that Rob Martell had called to say he is back in town and has contacted the contractor he has worked with in the past and will have a bid prepared by him.
· Parking Violation Report: Management advised that the problem has been resolved.
· Budget Planning: Management requested that Directors provide information on any special projects to be considered for next year. A preliminary draft budget proposal will be discussed at the next board meeting with a formal budget meeting set for December 2nd 2008.
· Legislative Update: Management advised that a complete copy of Chapter 718 including 2008 changes is now in hand. A copy will be circulated to each Director.
The next Board meeting will be on November 4th 2008 at 10:00AM
There being no further business before the Board Naomi Conrad made a motion to adjourn. Second by Donna Gerritsen. The meeting was adjourned.