HARBOUR VILLAGE PROPERTY OWNERS ASSOCIATION, Inc.
Minutes of Board of Directors Meeting
September 27th 2007
President, Brian Kirkpatrick, called the meeting to order at 10:01 am.
Board Members Present: Via teleconference: President: Brian Kirkpatrick, and Secretary: Donna Gerritsen. In person were: Vice President: Rich Moreau, Treasurer: Ty Bevington and Director: Mike Chiara, thus establishing a quorum. Also present was Peter Grant, representing Peter Grant, Inc. the Association’s Management Company.
Notice of Meeting: A Meeting notice with agenda was posted in the normal manner in accordance with the Association Bylaws and Florida Statute #718.
Approval of Minutes:. Ty Bevington made a motion to approve the minutes of the 7/17/07 board meeting as amended. Rich Moreau seconded the motion. The motion passed 5-0.
Financial Report: Ty Bevington presented financial statements as of 8/31/07 showing that the Association is in sound financial condition. Management was instructed to renew the $40,000 T-Bill which will mature on 11/8 with another 90 or 180 day T-Bill which ever provides the higher interest rate.
Landscaping Report : Mike Chiara presented proposals for the plantings of mangroves at the southern end of the property’s western boundary. Brian Kirkpatrick made a motion to allocate $400.00 for the purchase of the required mangrove plants. Rich Moreau seconded the motion. The motion passed 5:0 . Management presented a proposal from a tenant’s firm (Tri-City Services) offering to remove all vegetation in the boat yard and install washed shell. The price was $4,108.00 . No action was taken on the proposal.
· Gate Project: Management advised that two additional firms are preparing proposals & bids and advised that attempts to contact Heritage of Sarasota, Inc. had not been successful. It was suggested that a letter be sent c/o their attorneys requesting that they contact us.
· Resident Registration process: Discussion regarding the form and process of resident registration resulted in Management being asked to put together a short registration form and sample vehicle sticker so that a process could be approved at the next board meeting.
· Palm Tree Replacement - Trimming : Rich Moreau reported that the two diseased trees have been replaced and that an on-going process of trimming is being done by himself & Linda.
· Pool Deck Surface Replacement: Management advised that additional bids for Pavers came in much higher than previous bids but still had one firm to finalize a bid.
· Gate on Fishing Pier : As previously requested Management presented a bid proposal for the installation of a security gate on the fishing pier. The price was $2,650.00. Discussion resulted in the opinion that any existing problem is not sufficient to justify any expense at this time.
· Dryer Vents : Management presented a proposal for the professional cleaning of all dryer vents to eliminate any potential fire hazard that may occur due to lint build-up in these vents. Management was instructed to obtain additional competitive bids so that the matter could be further addressed at the next board meeting.
The next Board meeting will be on October 23rd at 10:00am
There being no further business before the Board the meeting was adjourned.