HARBOUR VILLAGE PROPERTY OWNERS ASSOCIATION, INC.

Minutes of Board of Directors Meeting

October 12, 2004

President Brian Kirkpatrick called the meeting to order at 10:00 AM .

Board Members Present:  President:  Brian Kirkpatrick, Vice President: Ty Bevington & Treasurer: Peter Grant in person.  By way of teleconference:  Secretary:  Donna Gerritsen and Director: Stuart Lewis.  Thus establishing a quorum.  Also attending:  Sherry Danko and Paul Michalezka representing Star Hospitality Management, Inc.

The meeting notice was posted on the condominium property as required by Florida Statutes and the Association Documents. President Brian Kirkpatrick expressed continual thanks to Ty and Peter for the work they have put in on the property these past weeks.

Un-disposed Minutes:  Peter Grant moved to waive reading of the August 31, 2004 Board of Directors meeting and approve them as distributed.  Ty Bevington seconded the motion.  The motion passed unanimously.

Financial Report:  Treasurer Peter Grant gave an overview of the end of August financials he posted on the web site.  Peter has received a preliminary September report without any reporting of the September bank statements.  The $6,023.19 toward amenities was transferred back into respective accounts.  Peter stated the Villas are falling behind with their monthly water and amenity payments ($2,861.00).  The Board agreed to have management send the Villas a letter requesting they make payment due within (10) days, and future payments to be made according to the perimeters set forth in the Amenities Lease Agreement.  Also, per the agreement any late payments in the future will be assessed a late fee.  The letter will also request the Villas not use the trash dumpsters here at the Village.

Stu stated he had not received a print out for accounts 1002 & 1003, which he previously requested.  Management will supply Stu details of the accounts.

Retention Pond:  Peter has been in touch with SWFWMD.  No permit can be found on file at SWFWMD.  Peter has a meeting with SWFWMD on Thursday, October 14th.

Storm Damage & Repair:  Peter stated that we have had very little response from contractors for building repairs.  Ty reported Charles Brown would inspect and bid on needed repairs this week.  Brian moved that an e-mail vote be conducted to expedite repairs once the bids have been received.  Ty seconded the motion, which passed unanimously.

Use of Special Assessment Funds:  It is understood and agreed by Board members that surplus funds in the Seawall Special Assessment fund may be used for storm damage building repairs.

Landscape Damage Report:  Ty reported that we lost a Washingtonia Palm, fallen Palms were removed and several other trees were staked up.  We still need debris removed along the seawall.

Drainage/Standing Water:  Peter will meet with SWFWMD Thursday, October 14th, to hopefully get some ideas and possibly a solution for moving water away from the buildings.  Last month we learned of the filter box approach, which might do the job.  We currently have no idea what this might cost.  They will look at how the Villas storm water affects our property as well.

Insurance:  Peter reported he has been in touch with Tom Danaher at Statewide Commercial Insurance.  We have no new quotes for our renewal period, which is December.  We have been told Citizens will renew our policy.

Sewer Line Report:  Donna sent e-mail to Mike Durieux at Severn Trent.  The service company has been here once and do plan to return.  They have stated they intend to cooperate with us in the future.

Legal Update:  Brian reported that our attorney has been in further contact with the Harry’s insurance company and has forwarded copies of invoices for major costs incurred by HVPOA as a result of the water damage. 

Brain advised the board that the reply from Mr. Martell’s attorney focused on the reasons that HV did not have a claim to the docks in question rather than providing evidence that he (Martell) had good title.  He and Peter are setting up a meeting with Mr. Joe Adams (our attorney), and invited other Board members to send any questions they felt appropriate for discussion.

Water Heater/Water Shut-off:  Brian suggested we send reminder letters periodically to our members requiring water shut-off and water heater power shut down when leaving their units.  Explaining the risk of not checking the pan and pan drain.

Pier Lighting:  Peter reported he had a quote of $6,575.00 to install power to the dock along with an array of lighting fixtures.  Donna stated she would be glad to help getting additional quotes when she returns.

Boat Space/Rule Lottery:  Brian reported our attorney advised a 51% of membership vote is required to adopt and enforce Boat Rules.  The cost for Becker & Poliakoff to set up questions, lottery and signature sheets would be under $1,000.00.  Peter moved to proceed with membership vote for lottery.  Donna seconded the motion.  The motion passed unanimously.

New Business:  Peter reported meeting with a hurricane shutter company in an effort to prepare a policy for hurricane shutters.  Many questions need answering before we adopt a policy.

Annual Members Meeting set for:  FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 18, 2005 @ 10:00 AM .

Budget Workshop Meeting set for:  FRIDAY, OCTOBER 29, 2004 @ 1:00 PM

Budget Meeting set for:  MONDAY, NOVEMBER 15, 2004 @ 1:00 PM .

With no further business to be discussed, the meeting was adjourned.

Respectfully submitted,  

Paul Michalezka, CAM

Star Hospitality Management, Inc.