HARBOUR VILLAGE PROPERTY OWNERS ASSOCIATION, Inc.
Minutes of Board of Directors Meeting
October 27th 2009
President, Rich Moreau, called the meeting to order at 9:00 am.
Board Members Present: In person were: President: Rich Moreau & Vice President Brian Kirkpatrick, via teleconference was Director: Bill Lander, thus establishing a quorum. Also present was Peter Grant, representing Peter Grant, Inc. the Association’s Management Company.
Notice of Meeting: A Meeting notice with agenda was posted in the normal manner in accordance with the Association Bylaws and Florida Statute #718.
Board Vacancy: Rich Moreau made a motion to appoint Ty Bevington to fill the remainder of Mike Chiara’s term. Second by Brian Kirkpatrick. The motion passed 3:0
Approval of Minutes: Bill Lander made a motion to approve the minutes of the 9/22/09 Board Meeting as previously distributed. Second by Rich Moreau. All in favor. The motion passed 4:0.
Financial Report: Management presented draft financial statements as of 9/30/09 showing that the Association has $269,824.47 in cash or cash equivalents and $276,300.56 in total assets. The September and YTD budget variance reports were discussed and various questions answered. The current budget status shows $9,348.16 under budget year to date. Management advised that the required time period had passed without payment from #108 and was instructed to have the attorney’s file the claim of lien. Management was also instructed to continue discussions with the Banks of leined units.
· Entry Gate Project: Management answered various questions about the design options and operations for the gate. The desire of the Board is for the gate system to be Strong, Simple and Easy to use. Next week a meeting with the gate company, the gate builder and directors will be held to finalize location/ setback and clearances.
· Pool Heater: Management advised that additional testing has been done on the non-working heater and found that it may be repairable for $350.00 . Abbott Air stated that if this repair did not solve the problem it would credit the $350 towards part replacement as required.
· Hose Bibs: Nine hose bibs have been identified which require isolation plus the new line to the western property line. Management was advised to obtain revised bids and have the work completed asap.
· Painting Project: Rich Moreau advised that the walkway painting has now been completed. Board Members voiced their gratitude for all the time volunteered by Rich for this project.
· Fire Alarm: Management advised that the new fire panel unit has been installed at building #2 and the job will be completed today.
· Pool Equipment Fence: Management advised that a new code requires the pool equipment to be fenced off prior to 5/1/10
· 2010 Budget overview: Management advised that all but a few of the numbers have been received and that a draft will be circulated to the Board Members by the end of this week. Preliminary indications suggest that an increase of ten to fifteen dollars may be necessary to cover increases. It was noted that the dues have been held constant for the last 3 years.
· Entry Stair Carpet: Management advised that a sample steam cleaning of an entry way has not provided good results and that some of the carpet may need to be replace. Management was instructed to obtain prices for the replacement of some of the carpets and cleaning of the remainder. A project to pressure wash the concrete walkways will also be completed to reduce the volume of dirt tracked on to the steps through normal use.
· Boat Dock Housekeeping: It has been noted that a possible safety issue exists on the boat dock pertaining to hoses and cords. It was decided that a rule requiring hoses to be rolled up after use and cords positioned so that no one can trip on them be added to the existing rules and regulations. Any objects not belonging on the boat dock will be removed.
· Fishing Pier wire coils: Brian agreed to head a volunteer group to reattach the wire coils in a manner that may reduce the damage to them.
· Mail Boxes: Rich Moreau agreed to head a volunteer group to repair/replace mail boxes.
The next Board meeting will be the Annual Budget Meeting on November 24th 2009 at 9:00AM
There being no further business before the Board Brian Kirkpatrick made a motion to adjourn. Second by Ty Bevington. All in favor. The meeting was adjourned.