HARBOUR VILLAGE PROPERTY OWNERS ASSOCIATION, Inc.
Minutes of Board of Directors Meeting
November 4th 2008
President, Rich Moreau, called the meeting to order at 10:00 am.
Board Members Present: In person were: President: Rich Moreau and Director: Mike Chiara; via teleconference were: Vice President: Donna Gerritsen, and Treasurer: Bill Lander, thus establishing a quorum. Also present was Peter Grant, representing Peter Grant, Inc. the Association’s Management Company.
Notice of Meeting: A Meeting notice with agenda was posted in the normal manner in accordance with the Association Bylaws and Florida Statute #718.
Approval of Minutes:. Rich Moreau made a motion to approve the minutes of the 9/4/08 Board Meeting as previously distributed. Second by Donna Gerritsen. All in favor. The motion passed 4:0.
Financial Report: Management presented financial statements as of 8/31/08 showing that the Association has $261,168.14 in cash or cash equivalents and $267,201.04 in total assets. Management advised that as of today there are four delinquencies. One has been sent to the attorney’s for collection. Payments on one are being held up while a court appoints an executor for the estate and the remaining two have been charged late fees and notified of their delinquency. The YTD budget variance report was discussed and various questions answered. The current budget status shows $18,278 under budget year to date.
· Drainage: Now that the rainy season is over a volunteer work group will be formed to install the drains as previously discussed
· Dryer Vent Cleaning: Management advised that the project is completed except for one unit which will be done in the near future.
· Mail Box replacement. Management provided information on a variety of options and styles and was instructed to obtain firm prices for the next meeting. Management was also asked to first check with the post office as to the style and location of mail boxes that would be acceptable to the mail carriers.
· Budget Planning: Management presented a preliminary draft budget proposal that was discussed line by line. It contained no increase in monthly dues. A copy of this draft plus formal notice of the budget meeting set for December 2nd 2008 will be mailed to all owners fourteen days in advance of that meeting. Management was instructed to obtain additional information on worker’s comp insurance from our Agent.
· Legislative Update: Management advised that due to changes in Chapter 718 of the Florida Statutes the two year staggered terms contained in our By-Laws will need to be once again ratified by the owners. A ballot and proxy with explanation will be sent out with the notice for the December 2nd budget meeting.
· Landscaping: Management was instructed to contact Premier Landscaping and confirm that they will renew the contracts for next year at the same rate. The sprinkler contract will not be renewed. Management was also instructed to obtain information on dead plant replacement, tree removal programs and outdoor fires.
The next Board meeting will be the Budget Meeting on December 2nd at 9:00AM
There being no further business before the Board Mike Chiara made a motion to adjourn. Second by Bill Lander. The meeting was adjourned.