HARBOUR VILLAGE PROPERTY OWNERS ASSOCIATION, Inc.

Minutes of Board of Directors Meeting

October 25th  2006

 

President Brian Kirkpatrick called the meeting to order at 10:00 am.

 

Board Members Present: President: Brian Kirkpatrick, Vice President: Rich Moreau and Treasurer: Ty Bevington, were present in person, and Secretary: Donna Gerritsen was present via telephone, thus establishing a quorum. Director: Naomi Conrad was unable to attend. Also present was Peter Grant, representing Peter Grant, Inc. our management company.

 

Notice of Meeting: A Meeting notice with agenda was posted in the normal manner in accordance with the Association Bylaws and Florida Statute #718.

 

Approval of Minutes:. Ty Bevington made a motion to approve the minutes of the 9/12/06 board meeting as previously distributed to board members. Rich Moreau seconded the motion. The motion passed 4:0.

 

Financial Report: Treasurer, Ty Bevington gave an overview of financial data through the period ending September 30th  2006 as distributed to each Director prior to the meeting. He provided a short discussion on the budget variance report to discuss items under or over budget. The Association is in good financial condition.

 

Landscaping Report: Ty Bevington gave a brief overview of the conditions at Harbour Village and how they are effecting the landscaping. Ty advised that the Owner of Creation Care has sold his business and Ty is working closely with the new Owner to insure continuity of quality grounds care. He reported on new plantings and the effect the current dry weather is having on the turf. Management advised that it would be interested in bidding on the lawn care contract and felt it could save the Association two to three thousand dollars on the annual contract. The Board encouraged management to submit a formal proposal for consideration.

 

Insurance Report: Management reported that the insurance policy renewal premiums for our current policies will cost approximately $149,984.00. This represents an increase of $60,485.96 over the current year’s budget. A savings of $17,114 is available if a 5% deductible was elected in lieu of the current 3%. Discussion on this subject will be taken up at the annual Budget Meeting on November 16th.

 

Old Business:

·        Gutters on rear of building #2: Ty Bevington advised that this project was completed last month.

·        Loft Modification Inspections: Management reported that several units have been identified that will require professional inspection. After Management completes the initial inspections, a final list will be presented at the next board meeting.

·        Dock/Piling Repairs. Management was instructed to compile all the necessary information regarding the previously discussed (concrete) piling repair kits for the next board meeting. Discussion took place on the repair/replacement of dock decking and the installation of a center joist to limit the bowing of the decking. It was decided to look at this project carefully to see if a volunteer group could complete the required work and save the expense of an outside contractor.

·        Fishing Pier Lighting. The final part of the lighting project was the installation of low level lights along the pier walkway and a low voltage spotlight to illuminate the flag. It was decided that the navigational and snook lighting provides sufficient lighting and that the investment of any additional funds on more walkway lights was unnecessary. Rich Moreau agreed to work with Management to have the flag illuminated.

 

New Business:

 

·        2007 Budget Process. Management presented a draft worksheet for the 2007 budget. The large increase in insurance and utilities make certain that an increase in monthly dues will be necessary. Very little discretionary spending exists within the budget but  Board Members will continue to try to identify areas where savings can be made and their findings will be presented at the Annual Budget Meeting on November 16th.

·        Blood Donor Clinic. Suncoast Community Blood Bank had approached Brian Kirkpatrick about the possibility of their running a local blood drive with their bus on Harbour Village property.  It was agreed that this would be a good thing to do. Management was instructed to provide notification to Joanne Sergo at the Blood Bank and also to provide Owners and community residents advance notice of the date and times.

·        Power Washing of Buildings. Ty Bevington advised that he is concerned that the current (once monthly) frequency of power washing the buildings may be too frequent. He shared his concerns that water may possibly be getting under and behind the siding and could cause damage. Also with the ever increasing cost of water he felt power washing should be reduced. Management was instructed to reduce the use of power washing equipment and rather use a bucket and brush approach with a low pressure hose to maintain the same clean appearance.

·        Repainting Walkways. Management was instructed to provide a quote for the repainting of the building walkways and the aluminum stair rail posts.

·        Pet Rules. Management was instructed to send a letter to each Owner reminding them of the rules regarding pets and the need for each pet Owner to follow them.

 

Next Board meeting: The next Board Meeting will be the Annual Budget Meeting and will be held on Thursday, November 16th 2006 at 10:00AM in the Clubhouse.

 

There being no further business before the Board, Donna Gerritsen made a motion to adjourn, and Ty Bevington seconded the motion. The motion passed.

 

Meeting Adjourned