HARBOUR VILLAGE PROPERTY OWNERS ASSOCIATION, Inc.
Minutes of Board of Directors Meeting
May 16th 2006
President Brian Kirkpatrick called the meeting to order at 10:10 am.
Board Members Present: Vice President: Rich Moreau, Treasurer: Ty Bevington and Director: Naomi Conrad were all present in person, President: Brian Kirkpatrick and Secretary: Donna Gerritsen, were present via telephone, thus establishing a quorum. Also present was Peter Grant, representing Peter Grant, Inc. our management company.
Notice of Meeting: A Meeting notice with agenda was posted in the normal manner in accordance with the Association Bylaws and Florida Statute #718.
Approval of Minutes: Rich Moreau made a motion to accept the minutes of the 3/23/06 board meeting as distributed. Ty Bevington seconded the motion. The motion passed. Ty Bevington made a motion to accept the minutes of the 4/19/06 board meeting as distributed. Brian Kirkpatrick seconded the motion. The motion passed.
Financial Report: Treasurer, Ty Bevington gave an overview of financial data through the period ending April 30th 2006 as distributed to each Director prior to the meeting. He provided a short discussion on the budget variance report to discuss items under or over budget.
Landscaping Report: Ty Bevington gave a brief overview of the dry conditions at Harbour Village and how they are effecting the landscaping. He shared that a re-inspection of all the irrigation is underway to insure that we are not wasting any water. He advised that we are complying with local water use restrictions.
Insurance Report: Management presented the Insurance Agent’s recommendations as to increases in Flood coverage to comply with the recent appraisal. Brian Kirkpatrick made a motion to immediately increase the coverage to the recommended level at a cost of $4,408.00 Donna Gerritsen seconded the motion. The motion passed. Management advised that a premium rebate of approximately $500 should reduce the net cost to the Association.
Clubhouse Interior Report: Donna Gerritsen advised that she has received bids for the replacement of the kitchen counters. One was $1,700.00 and the other $796.00. When she is here in June she will finalize arrangements with this contractor to have the work done.
Hurricane Shutter Report: An extensive discussion was led by Rich Moreau on the available products and approximate costs of each style of protection. It was decided that Rich will circulate his written report to all Directors and will advise the Board within the next few weeks as to a policy recommendation at which time a special board meeting will be called for further discussion and a policy adoption. The Board expressed their sincere thanks to Rich for the amount of work he has done on this subject.
Installation of HV signage: Completion of the installation of directional road signs on River Beach Dr, Sturkie Ave. and Schofield Ave. will be completed this month.
Drainage project: Ty Bevington reported on the discovery of a drainage pipe under building #4 and the completion of a catchments basin and pipes to drain water from the front pathway to the swale. As the rainy season arrives the results of this and other recent improvements can be quantified.
Insulation Project: Rich Moreau reported that the 4 residential buildings have been completed. Repairing the clubhouse insulation was discussed and all agreed it should be part of the overall project.
· Pool Rules regarding children: Signs have been installed at the pool to advise parents of the new policy requiring approved swim diapers on infants in the pool.
· Pier Safety Equipment: Management reported that safety equipment had been installed on the fishing pier.
· Boat Storage Yard Fill: An additional load of millings has been delivered and leveled. The success of recent drainage changes will be examined as the rainy season arrives and a decision made as to the possible need for any more millings.
· Implementation of new Condominium Documents: Management advised that the recording statements have been executed by the President, Brian Kirkpatrick and the documents have now been forwarded to the Association Secretary, Donna Gerritsen for her signature.
· A request by an Owner to modify the size of their lanai was discussed by the board and Management was instructed to advise the Owner that the requested changes would not be approved.
· An Owner had requested that the concrete bumper blocks in the parking lot be highlighted with reflective style paint to make them more noticeable at night to help avoid any accidents. Management was instructed to research reflective tape and or paint and report back to the board with costs.
· Speeding in the parking lot continues to be a problem. After discussion it was decided that two rubber style bumps be installed. Management will secure pricing details and report back to the board for expense allocation.
· Ty Bevington was asked to investigate the cost of installing gutters on the back of building #2. It was noted that with the pool right behind this building it is the only one where there is no runoff potential to the swale because of the grading. The need to channel and direct the roof water away from under the building is the primary reason for the possible need for gutters.
· Management is working to quiet the noisy pool gate latch.
Next Board meeting: Next Board Meeting: Wednesday, June 28th 2006 at 10:00 AM in the Clubhouse.
There being no further business before the Board, Donna Gerritsen made a motion to adjourn, and Naomi Conrad seconded the motion. The motion passed.