HARBOUR VILLAGE PROPERTY OWNERS ASSOCIATION, Inc.
Minutes of Board of Directors Meeting
May 23rd 2008
President, Rich Moreau, called the meeting to order at 10:00 am.
Board Members Present: In person were: President: Rich Moreau, Secretary: Naomi Conrad and Director: Mike Chiara, via teleconference were: Vice President: Donna Gerritsen and Treasurer: Bill Lander, thus establishing a quorum. Also present was Peter Grant, representing Peter Grant, Inc. the Association’s Management Company.
Notice of Meeting: A Meeting notice with agenda was posted in the normal manner in accordance with the Association Bylaws and Florida Statute #718.
Approval of Minutes:. Naomi Conrad made a motion to approve the minutes of the 4/3/08 board meeting as presented to the Directors. Mike Chiara seconded the motion. All in favor. The motion passed 5-0.
Financial Report: Management presented financial statements as of 4/30/08 showing that the Association has $227,006.42 in cash or cash equivalents and $280,475.70 in total assets. Management advised that as of today there are no major delinquencies. The YTD budget variance report was discussed and various questions answered. The current status shows $3,682.63 over budget year to date. It was noted that our annual budget is front end loaded, meaning that many expenses occur during the first quarter and the budget works into balance throughout the year.
· Drainage: Mike Chiara presented an overview of what he felt was needed in front of buildings 3 & 4. After discussion Naomi Conrad was asked to work with Mike to formalize a plan and obtain costs.
· Dryer Vent Cleaning: Management advised that the project will commence next week.
· Bathroom Upgrades: Naomi Conrad made a motion authorizing the expenditure of approximately $1,600.00 from the clubhouse reserve account for repairs to the two outside bathrooms. Second by Donna Gerritsen. All in favor, the motion passed. A volunteer group will repaint when ready.
· Pool Rim Tiles: Management was instructed to continue research on practical ways to cover the blue perimeter tiles. Donna Gerritsen offered to also work on this project.
· Irrigation: It was noted that the current sprinkler configuration is not adequate to water the new plantings along Warren Ave. It was recommended that five heads located in the swale area be capped off allowing needed heads to be added to the zone covering the new plantings. Rich Moreau offered to create a sketch of the sprinkler system throughout the complex.
· Pool Filter Replacement: Management advised that it is time to replace the filter screens in the pool filter system. Rich Moreau advised that he had seen the old filters and agreed that they need immediate replacement. Management was instructed to have the job completed as soon as possible.
· Owner Request re screen frame paint: Ruth Smith, #118, presented photographs of peeling paint on the screen frame of her lanai. While it was understood that screens were an Owner’s responsibility, Rich Moreau advised that the matter would be researched and he would get back to Ruth as soon as possible with a definitive answer.
The next Board meeting will be on July 8th 2008 at 10:00AM
There being no further business before the Board Naomi Conrad made a motion to adjourn. Second by Mike Chiara. The meeting was adjourned.