HARBOUR VILLAGE PROPERTY OWNERS ASSOCIATION, Inc.
Minutes of Board of Directors Meeting
March 27th, 2007
President, Brian Kirkpatrick, called the meeting to order at 9:30 am.
Board Members Present: President: Brian Kirkpatrick, Vice President: Rich Moreau, Secretary: Donna Gerritsen, Treasurer: Ty Bevington and Director: Mike Chiara were present in person, thus establishing a quorum. Also present was Peter Grant, representing Peter Grant, Inc. our management company.
Notice of Meeting: A Meeting notice with agenda was posted in the normal manner in accordance with the Association Bylaws and Florida Statute #718.
Approval of Minutes:. Ty Bevington made a motion to approve the minutes of the 2/13/07 board meeting as previously distributed to board members. Donna Gerritsen seconded the motion. The motion passed 5-0.
Financial Report: Ty Bevington presented the annual CPA report and associated financial statements as of 12/31/06 showing that the Association is in a good condition. Management was instructed to forward copies of the entire report to all Members.
· Loft Modification Inspections: Management advised that all eight units have now been inspected. Six were approved as is. One required a simple 2x4 support to be added. One unit will require additional inspection. Management was instructed to hire a qualified contractor to inspect the unit and advise what (if anything) needs to be done. Management presented a draft letter notifying Owners of the ‘approved’ status of their units, the letter was approved for distribution.
· Dock/Piling Repairs. Management advised that we are waiting on Steve Bell to begin the project.
· Pool Deck Repairs: Management presented two additional bids for pavers on the pool deck. Contractors have advised that the 313 square feet of cracked sunken concrete at the eastern end of the pool will have to be removed and replaced. The cause of this, needs to be checked and repaired. Ty Bevington made a motion to have the concrete repaired prior to proceeding with the new decking surface project. Rich Moreau seconded the motion. All in favor. The motion passed. Management was instructed to proceed with having this repair completed.
· Grill reconditioning: Management advised that all four grills have been overhauled with a little extra work to be done on the valve switches to make the igniters work.
· Pool furniture: Donna Gerritsen reported on her search for replacement tables and chairs for the pool area. A motion was made by Donna Gerritsen to spend up to $3500 on 3 large tables, 4 small tables, 26 chairs, 7 umbrella stands and 5 additional umbrellas. Ty Bevington seconded the motion. The motion passed 5:0.
· Gate Project: The consensus of discussion was that we should proceed with the research on the gated entrance. Stu Lewis, who had done a lot of the earlier research has agreed to continue working with management on the project. Management was instructed to contact the County Building Inspector and have them come out and explain exactly what is required for an entrance of this nature. Discussion continued regarding the western property boundary and the need to make the plantings more uniform along the entire length. Donna Gerritsen made a motion to plant additional oleanders as these were the predominant existing plantings. Seconded by Brian Kirkpatrick. All in favor. The motion passed. Donna agreed to take the lead on this project.
· Pool Hours: A request had been made by an Owner to extend the pool closing time to 11:00 pm from 10:00 pm. There was no support for the matter and no action was taken.
· Rules Compliance Report: Management described the three step approach that has been taken to assure compliance. First, a flyer was posted in each entryway advising that personal items cannot be left in common areas. Second, a letter from Brian Kirkpatrick was mailed to each Member explaining why it is necessary for all the rules and regulations to be policed. Third, individual residents were approached requesting compliance. Management was instructed to contact the Association’s attorneys and obtain a clear understanding of exactly what action can be taken by the Association for non-compliance of rules in the canal/boat dock area.
· Canoe/Kayak racks: After discussion on the need for canoe/kayak racks in the boat yard Brian Kirkpatrick made a motion to spend up to $500 on building racks. Seconded by Donna Gerritsen. All in favor. The motion passed.
· Clubhouse bathroom remodel: The outside two bathrooms are the last remaining portions of the clubhouse needing updates. Management was instructed to obtain prices for repairing & painting walls and tiling the floors.
· Unit remodel request: The Owner of Unit #112 had requested preliminary approval for adding a loft and half bath. Brian Kirkpatrick made a motion to give preliminary approval for the requested work providing all requirements of paragraph (9) of the Declaration of Condominium are followed. County approved plans & permits, Contractor licenses and Insurance documentation would have to be presented before final approval to proceed could be granted. Seconded by Donna Gerritsen. All in favor. The motion passed.
The next Board meeting will be on May 8th at 10:00am
There being no further business before the Board, Donna Gerritsen made a motion to adjourn, and Rich Moreau seconded the motion. The motion passed 5-0.