HARBOUR VILLAGE PROPERTY OWNERS ASSOCIATION, Inc.
Minutes of Board of Directors Meeting
March 23, 2006

President Brian Kirkpatrick called the meeting to order at 10:00 am.

 Board Members Present: President: Brian Kirkpatrick, Vice President: Rich Moreau, Secretary: Donna Gerritsen, Treasurer: Ty Bevington and Director: Naomi Conrad  were all present in person, thus establishing a quorum. Also present was Peter Grant, representing Peter Grant, Inc. our management company.

 Notice of Meeting: A Meeting notice with agenda was posted in the normal manner in accordance with the Association Bylaws and Florida Statute #718.

 Approval of Minutes: Donna Gerritsen made a motion to accept the minutes of the 2/14/06 board meeting as distributed. Rich Moreau seconded the motion. The motion passed.

 Financial Report: Treasurer, Ty Bevington gave an overview of financial data through the period ending February 28, 2006 as distributed to each Director prior to the meeting. He provided a short discussion on the budget variance report to discuss items under or over budget. Overall year to date expenses are $0.12 under budget he reported.

 Newsletter: Brian Kirkpatrick advised that the reason this item was on the Agenda was to acknowledge the first issue of the “Harbour View” newsletter and to reiterate that this can be a very useful communication tool. Topics of interest and submissions by Owners were encouraged.

Insurance Report: Management presented an informational overview and synopsis of the results of the replacement cost appraisal as it related to current insurance and future coverage requirements. (Copy attached) Management was instructed to forward a copy of the appraisal to the Association’s Insurance Agent for advice on any required changes to existing policies.

 Clubhouse Interior Report: Donna Gerritsen advised that the few remaining items will hopefully be completed by the end of April.

 Implementation of new Condominium Documents: Brian Kirkpatrick advised that the next step after the approval vote taken at the AGM (47 for, 4 against) was to have the new documents recorded with the County. The new documents will become effective as of the time of recording. A short discussion ensued on how singular items can be addressed in the rules and regulations as we go forward. Management was instructed that upon recording, a duly stamped and approved copy should be reproduced and forwarded to every Owner.

 Hurricane Shutter Report: Rich Moreau reported on the results of the search for information to form a hurricane shutter policy, describing the visit of one Vendor to a meeting at HV which had been attended by quite a few Owners. He advised another Vendor was coming to provide information on their range of products suitable for our buildings. Rich explained and the rest of the Board acknowledged that this will not be a simple task to create an acceptable policy, as so many variables effect the outcome.

 Installation of HV signage: Ty Bevington accepted the responsibility to gather a group of volunteers to install the directional road signs on River Beach Dr, Sturkie Ave. and Schofield Ave. so that all will be easily able to locate Harbour Village.

 Drainage project: Ty Bevington reported on the completion of the earth moving contractor’s drainage work around the drainage weir behind building #4. Ty was asked to contact Charlotte County Sea Wall regarding the installation of sump pumps in front of the clubhouse and resident buildings to transport the water from the walkways and underneath the buildings to the catchment areas.

 Insulation Project: Rich Moreau and Ty Bevington agreed to investigate the replacement of the insulation under the buildings damaged by hurricanes. It was discussed that hopefully we can find a better retention system for the insulation so that any future wind events do not damage it again.

 Pool Rules regarding children:  After much discussion and some frivolity with possible rhyming rules it was decided that a new rule be implemented requiring all parents, grandparents or guardians of young, diaper age children who wish to enter the pool, be responsible for insuring that the child is wearing Pool Safe Swim Diapers that will contain solid waste. The responsible party will be liable for the cost of pool treatment in the event any unwanted deposits are left in the pool. It is the responsibility of all residents to monitor this situation and all are empowered to pleasantly ask if a child’s attire is in compliance with this rule. Signage of this rule will be installed in the pool area.

 Pier Safety Equipment: Brian discussed the need for a ladder to be installed at the end of the pier to provide for recovery peradventure anyone fell into the water. The Board continues to minimize the areas of potential liability for the Association.

 Boat Storage Yard Fill:   Management agreed to follow up with Bulk Landscaping regarding the supply and installation of the previously approved fill for the storage compound.

 Old Business:

·        Management presented the Board with detailed information on restoring the old rotted pilings on the boat dock. The normal cost to replace old pilings is currently in excess of $600.00 each whereas the restoration process should cost less than $100.00 per piling. Management was instructed to find a local site using the process so that Board Members may view it prior to making any decision.

·        Ty Bevington raised a couple of items that once again require attention. Some residents are not cleaning up after their pets while walking the common areas. (did someone suggest doggie diapers, no…) Donna Gerritsen agreed to prepare an entryway notice reminding residents of their responsibility. It was also noted that it is the responsibility of all Owners to monitor this as all are empowered to request a resident immediately clean up after their pet. The second item was that of speeding through the parking lot. The speed limit is 10mph and all residents are asked to abide by that limit. We need to avoid any catastrophic accidents, at 20mph one cannot stop in 3 feet if a child or pet ran into the driveway. Again each Owner is asked to monitor this, if any offenders are identified please advise Management.

 Next Board meeting: Next Board Meeting: Tuesday, May 16, 2006 at 10:00 AM in the Clubhouse.

 There being no further business before the Board, Donna Gerritsen made a motion to adjourn, and Ty Bevington seconded the motion. The motion passed.

 Meeting Adjourned.