HARBOUR VILLAGE PROPERTY OWNERS ASSOCIATION
Minutes of Board Meeting
March 31, 2005

President Brian Kirkpatrick called the meeting to order at 9:00 AM .

Board Members Present:  President Brian Kirkpatrick, Vice President Ty Bevington, Treasurer Peter Grant, Secretary Donna Gerritsen and Director Rich Moreau thus establishing a quorum.   Also present, Sherry Danko, President and Kay Conner CAM Star Hospitality Management, Inc.

Notice of Meeting:  Meeting notice was posted and distributed in accordance with the Association Bylaws and Florida Statute 718.

Disposal of Minutes:  Peter Grant made a motion to waive the reading of the amended minutes of the March 8, 2005 , meeting.  Donna Gerritsen seconded the motion.  The motion passed.

Treasurer’s Report:  Treasurer Peter Grant gave an overview of financial information available through the period ending February 28, 2005 .  This report will be included for mailing with the current Meeting Minutes.  Sherry Danko reported that Water and Amenities payments have been received from the Villas.  Still outstanding are the most recent invoice and an invoice for Water from August 2004.  A letter has been sent to The Villas for payment documentation.  Current due is March and April Amenities.  There is $3,700 in this account for allocation.  Brian Kirkpatrick moved to transfer from the Special Assessment accounts (#1002 - $1,929.73, #1003 - $4,023.48 and #1005 - $8,586.19) to the outstanding loan in the Reserve Account ($14,539.40).  Peter Grant seconded the motion.  The motion passed.    Management will update the Board on the A/R letters that have been sent out.

Building Repair:  Rich Moreau signed a proposal with Don Johnston for $11,100 to repair the damaged siding.  The work will commence before April 19th.  Repairs will be made to both ends of building 4.  Some materials will be salvageable and used for smaller repairs on building’s 1 & 3.   Star Management has checked the skylights and reported only one is in need of repair, a roofer will be contacted to make that repair.   Brian Kirkpatrick reported that the shed in the trailer yard is half roofed, but watertight.  The siding is on order, and the material for the fence arrived; however it was the wrong color.  Peter mentioned that insulation under the buildings would be considered in future plans this fall.

Pest Control:  Kay Conner reported that Pestguard scheduled the termite inspection for Tuesday, April 19th, and a notice will be posted.

Ty Bevington reported he has 4 new proposals and one old proposal for lawn and building (out-side) pest control, and made a motion to accept “Bugs-R-Us” based on pricing received and past experience with Star Management.  Peter Grant seconded the motion.  The motion passed.

Clubhouse Interior Report:  Donna Gerritsen reported that the committee has agreed on a color scheme for the renovation.  The plans include installing tile in the kitchen, entryways and the two interior bathrooms.  The dance floor will be removed and the entire area will be carpeted.  The flooring project will be approximately $7,400.  To refurbish the pool table, paint and install counter tops would cost approximately $1,600.  Peter Grant said funds for these items would be available over the next 4 to 5 months.  Donna made a motion to approve $9,000. at this time.  Ty Bevington seconded the motion.  The motion passed.  Donna also suggested we sell the Blue Marlin fish currently in the clubhouse and use the proceeds toward new pictures.

Pier/Canal/Entrance Lighting:  Donna Gerritsen has received quotes from two Electrical contractors.  After reviewing the quotes the Board discussed various changes and possibilities.  One concern was the brightness of a “Snook” light at the end of the pier.  The second concern was about adding a light pole to the canal area that matched the existing pole, because of the difficulty we had repairing that one this past winter.  It was agreed to check on alternative lighting fixtures for that area.  It was also agreed to get a revised quote on different wiring for the pier.  The consensus of the Board was that a specific light for the American Flag would not be necessary because the light added to the end of the pier should be sufficient.

Drainage Status Report:  Peter Grant reported a second engineering firm suggested a figure of $25,000 to $30,000 for design work of a “sand box” system for drainage into the river.  That is in the same price range as the earlier engineering firm.  The Board discussed other methods.

Follow-up from joint meeting with Villas:  Kay Conner has sent a letter and an application form to Rob Martell, President of the Villas Association, requesting they obtain their own water meter.

Riverwood Sewer Rate Increase:  Brian Kirkpatrick discussed a letter the Association received from the Riverwood Community Development District dated February 28th and effective March 1, 2005 , regarding an immediate sewer rate increase.  Peter Grant reported that he had contacted the Riverwood Sewer District last August when the budget was being prepared and he was told  at that time to expect a small increase of approximately 5%, which was then factored into the proposed budget.  The current increase is more than double our normal sewer charge and would require an increase in our monthly dues of $20. per unit.  The Board will further research the validity of the increase before the next meeting.

Legal Report:  The Board will proceed on revising our current condominium documents.  The changes will be presented in time to vote on them at the next annual meeting. Brian Kirkpatrick met with Rob Martell, and Mr. Martell provided documentation in regard to the boat dock.  If the Harbour Village attorney agrees with the conclusions, it appears that HVPOA does not own the property. 

New Business:  Building 4 and the landscape in the area of building 4 sustained damage from the painting company working on the Villas.  The painting company is liable for the repairs and Ty Bevington has agreed to follow up on this situation.

Boat Committee:  Rich Moreau has begun a survey to verify boat owners and registration of boats in the canal.  Any owner interested in working on the boat committee should contact the Board of Directors or Rich directly.

Miscellaneous:  Star Management will check on past letters sent regarding leaking water heaters.  Management will also continue filling out the Certificate of Approval for Sale .

Next meeting:  Tuesday, June 7, 2005 , 9:00 AM at the Clubhouse.

Meeting Adjourned