HARBOUR VILLAGE PROPERTY OWNERS ASSOCIATION, Inc.
Minutes of Board of Directors Meeting
June 28th 2006
President Brian Kirkpatrick called the meeting to order at 10:00 am.
Board Members Present: Vice President: Rich Moreau, Treasurer: Ty Bevington, Secretary: Donna Gerritsen and Director: Naomi Conrad were all present in person, President: Brian Kirkpatrick was present via telephone, thus establishing a quorum. Also present was Peter Grant, representing Peter Grant, Inc. our management company.
Notice of Meeting: A Meeting notice with agenda was posted in the normal manner in accordance with the Association Bylaws and Florida Statute #718.
Approval of Minutes: Two minor corrections were made to the 5/16/06 minutes as distributed to the Board Members prior to the meeting. Donna Gerritsen made a motion to accept the minutes of the 5/16/06 board meeting as modified. Rich Moreau seconded the motion. The motion passed 5:0. Ty Bevington made a motion to accept the minutes of the 5/31/06 board meeting as distributed. Donna Gerritsen seconded the motion. The motion passed 5:0.
Financial Report: Treasurer, Ty Bevington gave an overview of financial data through the period ending May 31st 2006 as distributed to each Director prior to the meeting. He provided a short discussion on the budget variance report to discuss items under or over budget. The roll over of CD’s and T Bills was discussed with Management instructed to purchase an additional $10,000 T Bill (90 day).
Landscaping Report: Ty Bevington gave a brief overview of the conditions at Harbour Village and how they are effecting the landscaping. Several new shrubs have been planted recently.
Insurance Report: Management reported that the flood insurance has been increased so that the coverage limits on all our policies now match or exceed the cost replacement appraisal value.
Hurricane Shutter Report: Rich Moreau advised that a contract has been signed to install shutters on the clubhouse. The investment necessary is $2,600.00 which is $562.00 less than originally approved.
Installation of HV signage: Directional road signs on River Beach Dr, Sturkie Ave. and Schofield Ave. have been installed.
Drainage project: Ty Bevington reported on the success of building #4 walkway drainage and the installation of trenches and a new sump pump under building #2 that is working very well. The next two areas to be addressed are the walkways in front of the clubhouse & buildings #2 & #3 and the cleaning of the weir areas.
· Gutters on rear of building #2: Ty Bevington made a motion to invest up to $2,500 from the drainage reserve to install gutters and drains on the rear of Building #2. Rich Moreau seconded the motion. The motion passed 5:0.
· Painting of parking bumpers: Management was instructed to have the ends of each concrete parking bumper painted traffic yellow.
· Speed Bumps: Donna Gerritsen made a motion to approve the investment of funds to purchase and install two speed bumps, one in front of the clubhouse and one between building #3 and #4. Rich Moreau seconded the motion. The motion passed 5:0. Management was instructed to purchase the materials from The Traffic Safety Store for $532.25 and have them installed.
· Water Heater Letter responses: Management reported that the Association’s file contains 70 unit owner’s acknowledgement of receipt of the notice. Management was instructed to send via certified mail another copy to the remaining owner/s and to insure that any new owners also receive a copy and provide an acknowledgement of receipt. The application for transfer of ownership is to be modified to include this notice as well.
· Pool Hours: Donna Gerritsen made a motion to reduce the pool operating hours from 11:00 pm to 10:00pm. Rich Moreau seconded the motion. The motion passed 5:0. Management was instructed to have the necessary signs changed and change the rules and regulations accordingly.
· Entry Keys: Management was instructed to check all entry keys in the lock box to insure that they are up to date in case of any emergency.
· Loft Modification Inspections: Management was instructed to make an inspection of all second floor unit loft areas, with prior notice to the Owners, to identify all units that have had any structural modification. The modified units will all be further examined by a licensed professional, with notice. The Owner will be provided with either an approval of modification or a notice of required improvements to insure the structural integrity of the buildings.
· General Maintenance: Management was instructed to proceed with the proper installation of the new lamps on Building #1 as previously approved and to proceed with the painting of doors and entryway floors as required.
Next Board meeting: Next Board Meeting: Tuesday, September 12th 2006 at 10:00AM in the Clubhouse.
There being no further business before the Board, Donna Gerritsen made a motion to adjourn, and Naomi Conrad seconded the motion. The motion passed.