HARBOUR VILLAGE PROPERTY OWNERS ASSOCIATION, Inc.
Minutes of Board of Directors Meeting
June 2nd 2009
President, Rich Moreau, called the meeting to order at 9:00 am.
Board Members Present: In person were: President: Rich Moreau and Treasurer: Mike Chiara; via teleconference were: Vice President: Brian Kirkpatrick, Director: Bill Lander thus establishing a quorum. Also present was Peter Grant, representing Peter Grant, Inc. the Association’s Management Company.
Notice of Meeting: A Meeting notice with agenda was posted in the normal manner in accordance with the Association Bylaws and Florida Statute #718.
Approval of Minutes: Mike Chiara made a motion to approve the minutes of the 4/28/09 Board Meeting as previously distributed. Second by Brian Kirkpatrick. All in favor. The motion passed 4:0.
Financial Report: Treasurer Mike Chiara presented financial statements as of 5/31/09 showing that the Association has $270,115.44 in cash or cash equivalents and $276,730.92 in total assets. The YTD budget variance report was discussed and various questions answered. The current budget status shows $2,560.08 under budget year to date. Management was instructed to investigate the possibility of combing the various pool reserve line items into one account and include filter equipment.
· Drainage: Mike Chiara advised that the drainage project between #3 & #4 is almost completed.
· Entry Gate Project: Management advised that Rob Martell and his contractor have not yet presented a bid for the project even though many follow up calls have been made. Management was instructed to obtain legal opinion as to enforceability of contract.
· Fire Alarms: Management advised that the fire marshal and building inspector have verbally approved the one (1) communicator system and the Vendor will be available within the next few weeks to begin the installation.
· Back Flow Prevention Valve: This project has been completed as quoted.
· Plumbing – Hose Bibs: Rich advised that he has asked management to obtain pricing to isolate the hose bibs from the individual unit water supply, to install some river side bibs and a car wash area shut off at the western end of building #1. The concern is that if someone turns an absent owner’s water on to activate the hose bib and then forgets to turn it off an unsafe situation will exist in relation to possible water leaks within the unit.
The next Board meeting will be on August 5th 2009 at 9:00AM
There being no further business before the Board Brian Kirkpatrick made a motion to adjourn. Second by Bill Lander. All in favor. The meeting was adjourned.