HARBOUR VILLAGE PROPERTY OWNERS ASSOCIATION, Inc.
Minutes of Board of Directors Meeting
July 8th 2008
President, Rich Moreau, called the meeting to order at 10:03 am.
Board Members Present: In person were: President: Rich Moreau, and Director: Mike Chiara (arrived five minutes after opening of meeting); via teleconference were: Vice President: Donna Gerritsen, Secretary: Naomi Conrad and Treasurer: Bill Lander, thus establishing a quorum. Also present was Peter Grant, representing Peter Grant, Inc. the Association’s Management Company.
Notice of Meeting: A Meeting notice with agenda was posted in the normal manner in accordance with the Association Bylaws and Florida Statute #718.
Approval of Minutes:. Naomi Conrad advised that she had not seen a copy of the minutes of the last meeting. Approval was tabled until next meeting.
Financial Report: Management presented financial statements as of 6/30/08 showing that the Association has $206,303.18 in cash or cash equivalents and $272,411.34 in total assets. Management advised that as of today there are four delinquencies. The YTD budget variance report was discussed and various questions answered. The current budget status shows $813.70 over budget year to date. Management advised that the remaining T-Bills have now matured and the reserve checking account balance stands at $102,179.48 . Management will research CD rates to obtain the best home for these funds.
· Drainage: Mike Chiara apologized for not having any new information on this topic but assured that progress will be made shortly.
· Dryer Vent Cleaning: Management advised that the project is 65% completed.
· Irrigation: Rich Moreau presented an overview of repairs & modifications made and needed. Bill Lander made a motion to terminate the use of irrigation now that the wet season has arrived. Second by Donna Gerritsen. All in favor. The motion passed 5:0 .
· Parking Violations: Management provided details and answered questions about the current parking violation situation with the tenant in Unit #215. Discussions with the tenant and the unit owner have resulted in a promised removal of the vehicles.
· Clubhouse: Management advised that a lock has been placed on the thermostat to insure that the unit is not tampered with and allowed to remain on overnight. Considerable discussion ensued regarding children in the clubhouse without parental supervision and potential remedies to abuse of clubhouse hours and rules. Donna Gerritsen agreed to research a camera monitoring system.
· Legislative Update: Management advised of several changes to Statutes that pertain to Condo Associations. Attached is a copy of the Memo from our attorneys.
The next Board meeting will be on September 4th 2008 at 10:00AM
There being no further business before the Board Mike Chiara made a motion to adjourn. Second by Bill Lander. The meeting was adjourned.