HARBOUR VILLAGE PROPERTY OWNERS ASSOCIATION, Inc.
Minutes of Board Meeting
January 19th 2010
President, Rich Moreau, called the meeting to order at 9:00 am.
Board Members Present: In person were: President: Rich Moreau, Vice President Brian Kirkpatrick, Director Ty Bevington, & Director: Bill Lander, thus establishing a quorum. Also present was Peter Grant, representing Peter Grant, Inc. the Association’s Management Company.
Notice of Meeting: A Meeting notice with agenda was posted in the normal manner in accordance with the Association Bylaws and Florida Statute #718.
Approval of Minutes: Rich Moreau made a motion to approve the minutes of the 11/24/09 Board Meeting as previously distributed. Second by Bill Lander. All in favor. The motion passed 4:0.
Financial Report: Management presented draft end of year financial statements as of 12/31/09 showing that the Association has $266,370.53 in cash or cash equivalents and $287,183.55 in total assets. The December and YTD budget variance reports were discussed and various questions answered. The current budget status shows $10,853.99 under budget year to date.
· Entry Gate Project: Management advised that discussions with Rob Martell show the project moving to permit application this month.
· Mail Boxes: Rich Moreau advised that this project is completed and new flags are installed.
· Stair Carpet: Rich Moreau explained that firm bids had been received ranging from $4,800 to $6,800. Ty Bevington made a motion to amend last month’s expenditure approval up to $5,000.00 for carpet replacement. Second by Brian Kirkpatrick. All in favor. The motion passed.
· Fishing Pier: Brian Kirkpatrick presented draft sign language. After discussion and minor changes, Management was instructed to have a sign made and erected
· Rules Enforcement: Management was instructed to implement a written violation record process. Copies of all violations of rules and regulations should be mailed both to the resident and owner if applicable.
· Irrigation: Management was instructed to limit irrigation to once every other week.
· Bird Coil: Management was asked to procure an additional 100’ of bird coil to complete the necessary repairs/replacements.
· Bicycle Stands: Bill Lander noted that the bicycle racks once again seem to have several old unused bicycles and some racks need repair to keep them tidy. Management was instructed to address these issues.
· LP Gas Bottles: Management described a situation where LP gas bottles are being misappropriated for use by unknown persons. A form of lockable containment will be obtained and installed.
· FPL: Based on a request by Jack Quinn (#209) Management was asked to contact FPL and seek information on solar electricity generation systems and sale back policies.
The next Board meeting will be the Annual General Meeting on March 23rd 2010 at 10:00AM
There being no further business before the Board Brian Kirkpatrick made a motion to adjourn. Second by Bill Lander. All in favor. The meeting was adjourned.