HARBOUR VILLAGE PROPERTY OWNERS ASSOCIATION, Inc.
Minutes of Board of Directors Meeting
January 15th 2008
President, Brian Kirkpatrick, called the meeting to order at 9:02 am.
Board Members Present: In person were: President: Brian Kirkpatrick, Vice President: Rich Moreau, Secretary: Donna Gerritsen, Treasurer: Ty Bevington and Director: Mike Chiara, thus establishing a quorum. Also present was Peter Grant, representing Peter Grant, Inc. the Association’s Management Company.
Notice of Meeting: A Meeting notice with agenda was posted in the normal manner in accordance with the Association Bylaws and Florida Statute #718.
Approval of Minutes:. Rich Moreau made a motion to approve the amended minutes of the 11/16/07 board meeting as presented to the Directors. Donna Gerritsen seconded the motion. The motion passed 5-0. Donna Gerritsen made a motion to approve the minutes of the 12/12/07 board meeting as distributed to the Directors. Ty Bevington seconded the motion. The motion passed 5-0.
Financial Report: Ty Bevington presented financial statements as of 12/31/07 showing that the Association is in a very solid financial condition. Management was instructed to take the necessary files to the CPA for the annual review and provide a copy of the CPA’s report to each and every Owner.
· Landscaping/Grounds keeping: A lengthy discussion on this subject and a complete bid comparison resulted in Donna Gerritsen making a motion to award two contracts to Premier Landscape Management, Inc. (1) $840.00 for re-doing garden bed area near club house (2) $3,780.00 for establishment of barrier on west boundary of property. Second by Ty Bevington, All in favor. The motion passed 5:0 .
· Mowing Contract: Management was instructed to award the mowing contract to Premier Landscape Management, Inc. for lawn mowing, sprinkler maintenance, fertilization and pest control at an annual contract rate of $12,000.00 after confirming details of pest control aspect of contract.
· Shrub and Garden Trimming Contract: Donna Gerritsen made a motion to award this contract (as a separate contract) to Premier Landscape Management, Inc. at an annual contract rate of $4,140.00 . Second by Rich Moreau. All in favor. The motion passed 5:0 .
· Palm Tree Trimming: Bids to be obtained from qualified contractors for palm tree trimming.
· Paver Update: Management advised that the pool paving project has been completed on budget and was instructed to obtain pricing on re-doing the blue tiles around the outside perimeter of the pool.
· Gate Project: Management was instructed to follow up on the December 18th letter to Heritage of Sarasota, Inc. in order to keep this project moving forward.
· Resident Registration process: Management advised that this program has been implemented as of January 1st 2008 and was instructed that copies of the official rules & regulations, including this resident registration process, should be circulated to Owners with advice that a copy should remain in each unit that is made available for rent.
· Exercise room A/C: Management advised that the unit originally planned for use may cause a moisture build up in the exercise room and recommended using a vented unit. Installation should be able to be completed within the previously budgeted amount. Management was instructed to proceed.
· Dryer Vent Cleaning: Management was instructed to advise all Owners that this project will begin in the next month and advise them what their maximum cost would be if all hoses required replacing.
· Rear Access Gate for Service Vehicles: Bids will be obtained to install a tubular metal gate, 14 feet in width and 4 to 5 feet in height at the currently located opening.
The next Board meeting will be held on February 12th at 9:30am
There being no further business before the Board Rich Moreau made a motion to adjourn. Second by Donna Gerritsen. The meeting was adjourned.