HARBOUR VILLAGE PROPERTY OWNERS ASSOCIATION, Inc.
Minutes of Board of Directors Meeting
January 16, 2007
President, Brian Kirkpatrick, called the meeting to order at 9:30 am.
Board Members Present: President: Brian Kirkpatrick, Vice President: Rich Moreau, Secretary: Donna Gerritsen and Treasurer: Ty Bevington, were present in person, thus establishing a quorum. Director: Naomi Conrad was unable to attend. Also present was Peter Grant, representing Peter Grant, Inc. our management company.
Notice of Meeting: A Meeting notice with agenda was posted in the normal manner in accordance with the Association Bylaws and Florida Statute #718.
Approval of Minutes:. Rich Moreau made a motion to approve the minutes of the 12/16/06 board meeting as previously distributed to board members. Donna Gerritsen seconded the motion. The motion passed 4-0. Ty Bevington made a motion to approve the minutes of the 12/28/06 board meeting as previously distributed to board members. Donna Gerritsen seconded the motion. The motion passed 4-0.
Financial Report: Ty Bevington presented an un-audited end of year balance sheet and financial statement showing that the Association is in very good financial condition with bank balances totaling $211,126.93. Several projects will carry over from ’06 into ’07 so expense accruals were created for (a) $1200.00 for the mulching project and (b) $3,200.00 for amenities upgrades not completed in ’06.
Members will recall at the Annual Budget Meeting it was discussed that an engineering report completed on our buildings resulted in a premium reduction of $13,593.00 for 2007. Management advised that it completed and had submitted documentation to the Insurance Company seeking a rebate for the 2006 premium year based on that same report. The insurance company has advised that since it was received prior to the expiration of last year’s policy a rebate would be evaluated and notice of the rebate value forwarded to the Association within the next few weeks.
During this same process it was ascertained that an error had been made in the categorizing of our property location and an additional premium reduction of $15,136.00 was credited to Harbour Village POA, Inc.
· Loft Modification Inspections: Eight (8) units have been identified that require professional inspection. Management was instructed to contact Coastal Inspections and if qualified engage them to inspect the units for structural integrity.
· Dock/Piling Repairs. Management reported that Steve Bell has agreed to the piling repair at a set price of $150.00 per piling and will be able to commence the project later this month.
· Mulching: Ty Bevington advised that a $1,200 accrual from the 2006 mulching budget was available to fund the purchase of bagged mulch for the garden beds. Management was instructed to order the mulch for delivery when ready.
· Light Replacement: Management advised that the vinyl siding block previously proposed to square the installation on new light fixtures is not universally suitable to each of the entry ways. An alternative block or method will be researched and pricing presented at the next board meeting.
· Address change update: Management advised that even after several phone calls and transfers from department to department no one could provide clear information as to the status of the proposed change. Management was instructed to continue working with County personnel to try and stop the name change.
· Owner Requests: Management advised that a request had been made to allow the installation of a LP gas tank for a kitchen stove. After discussion Management was instructed to advise the Owner that such an installation would not be allowed.
· Amenities Upgrades: Brian Kirkpatrick led a discussion on various items that are in dire need of attention. The pool furniture, especially the tables have deteriorated to a point of no longer being serviceable. Brian, Donna & Management will work together to present a proposal to the next board meeting. Management was instructed to ascertain the cost of overhauling the Grills as many residents are voicing concerns about the intermittent operation of the grills.
· Maintenance Items: Management advised that there are several windows in building #1 that have broken seals in the thermo pane glass allowing moisture to build. Bids that had been obtained to replace the glass were discussed and Brian Kirkpatrick made a motion to engage Lemon Bay Glass to replace the defective glass panels. Rich Moreau seconded the motion. The motion passed 4:0. Management advised that there are several areas on the entry decks where the surface has been chipped and damaged. Management was instructed to find a suitable contractor to repair these areas and obtain prices on repainting the decks as necessary.
· Next Board Meeting: The next board meeting will be held on Tuesday, February 13th 2007 at 9:30am.
There being no further business before the Board, Rich Moreau made a motion to adjourn, and Ty Bevington seconded the motion. The motion passed 4-0.