HARBOUR VILLAGE PROPERTY OWNERS ASSOCIATION, Inc.
Minutes of Board of Directors Meeting
February 12th 2008
President, Brian Kirkpatrick, called the meeting to order at 9:31 am.
Board Members Present: In person were: President: Brian Kirkpatrick, Vice President: Rich Moreau, Secretary: Donna Gerritsen, Treasurer: Ty Bevington and Director: Mike Chiara, thus establishing a quorum. Also present was Peter Grant, representing Peter Grant, Inc. the Association’s Management Company.
Notice of Meeting: A Meeting notice with agenda was posted in the normal manner in accordance with the Association Bylaws and Florida Statute #718.
Approval of Minutes:. Rich Moreau made a motion to approve the minutes of the 1/15/08 board meeting as presented to the Directors. Ty Bevington seconded the motion. The motion passed 5-0.
Financial Report: Management gave the Directors a copy of the CPA’s compiled report for the year ending 12/31/07. Also presented were financial statements as of 1/31/08 showing that the Association has $234,126.08 in cash or cash equivalents on hand. Management advised that as of today there are no major delinquencies.
· Landscaping/Grounds Keeping: Donna Gerritsen advised that the Warren Avenue plantings and the Clubhouse plantings projects have been completed. Work continues on the development of a landscape master plan. There was discussion about the replacement of sod and ground cover as budgeted funds became available. A bid has been received for the removal of the melaleuca trees on the northern boundary - $6,500.00 – no action can be taken now as no money has been budgeted for this project at this time.
· Mowing Contract: Management advised that contracts with Premier Landscape Management, Inc. for lawn mowing, sprinkler maintenance, fertilization & pest control and plant & shrub care have been signed, effective 2/1/08
· Palm Tree Trimming: Donna advised that Premier Landscape Management, Inc. provided the most competitive bid for palm trimming at $15.00 per tree. Rich Moreau made a motion to award the contract for palm tree trimming to Premier Landscape Management, Inc. Second by Mike Chiara. All in favor. The motion passed 5:0. Management was instructed to meet with them and formulate a contract within the bounds of the current budget.
· Mulch & Fertilizer: Under the terms of the newly signed contract with Premier, the fertilizing will be completed on Thursday 2/14/08. A sample of melaleuca mulch will be obtained and tested to insure there are no weeds/seeds contained in the mulch.
· Gate Project: Management was instructed to continue the follow up with Heritage of Sarasota, Inc. in order to keep this project moving forward.
· Resident Registration: Management was advised to place notices on vehicles not displaying parking permits.
· Dryer Vent Cleaning: Brian Kirkpatrick made a motion to have all the dryer ducts cleaned throughout the complex. The Association will pay for the duct cleaning. Replacement vent hoses and water lines (as required) would be billed back to the respective Owners. Second by Donna Gerritsen. All in favor. The motion passed 5:0. Management was instructed to have the project completed by the low bidder – Dennis Jensen.
· Rear Access Gate for Service Vehicles: A volunteer group led by Brian will install a galvanized 14’ gate.
· Light Replacement: Management was instructed to utilize previously budgeted money to replace the light fixtures with vinyl blocks on the Canal side of the property and to use the balance of this years funds allocation to begin on the River side light replacement.
· Clubhouse Bathrooms: Management was instructed to obtain bids for repairing/repainting/tiling the two outside bathrooms in the clubhouse.
· Dog Droppings: Once again this is becoming a problem around the complex with Owner’s not picking up after their dogs. It was suggested that we should investigate installing litter control bags near the trash dumpsters for those residents who forget to take bags with them and to include Villa’s residents on the notification list of rules & regulations.
· Management was instructed to follow up with attorney Joe Adams about the rules compliance letter the Board wishes to send to all Owners.
· Management was instructed to post a copy of the new County regulations re: water conservation.
· Management was instructed to update the Rules & Regulations with the two recently approved rules and forward a copy to each Owner.
The next Board meeting will be held the Annual General Meeting on March 5th 2008 at 10:00AM
There being no further business before the Board Ty Bevington made a motion to adjourn. Second by Donna Gerritsen. The meeting was adjourned.