HARBOUR VILLAGE PROPERTY OWNERS ASSOCIATION, Inc.
Minutes of Board of Directors Meeting
February 13th, 2007
President, Brian Kirkpatrick, called the meeting to order at 9:30 am.
Board Members Present: President: Brian Kirkpatrick, Vice President: Rich Moreau, Secretary: Donna Gerritsen and Treasurer: Ty Bevington, were present in person and Director: Naomi Conrad was present via teleconference, thus establishing a quorum. Also present was Peter Grant, representing Peter Grant, Inc. our management company.
Notice of Meeting: A Meeting notice with agenda was posted in the normal manner in accordance with the Association Bylaws and Florida Statute #718.
Approval of Minutes:. Ty Bevington made a motion to approve the minutes of the 1/16/07 board meeting as previously distributed to board members. Donna Gerritsen seconded the motion. The motion passed 5-0.
Financial Report: Ty Bevington presented a balance sheet and financial statement as of 1/31/07 showing that the Association is in sound condition with bank balances totaling $233,561.44
· Loft Modification Inspections: Management advised that four of the eight units have now been inspected and the remaining units will be inspected later this week. Three were approved as is. One required a simple 2x4 support to be added. Management was instructed to prepare a letter notifying Owners of the status of their units.
· Dock/Piling Repairs. Rich Moreau advised that on further inspection there are 50 pilings that require repair. After discussion Brian Kirkpatrick made a motion to fund the repair partially from the Dock reserve account and partially form the contingency fund in the 2007 budget. Rich Moreau seconded the motion. The motion passed 5:0. Brian Kirkpatrick agreed to head up a volunteer group to explore the replacement of twisted decking boards on the boat dock.
· Grill reconditioning: Management advised that prices for the replacement of parts in the grills were quoted at $144.50 per grill with an additional cost for cleaner/solvents of $20.00 . Ty Bevington made a motion to proceed with the repair of these units. Naomi Conrad seconded the motion. The motion passed 5:0.
· Pool furniture: Donna Gerritsen reported on her search for replacement tables and chairs for the pool area. Considerable discussion ensued about cast aluminum, concrete and fiberglass tables. Donna suggested more research was necessary before she was comfortable making a recommendation to the Board about replacement tables. A motion was made by Donna Gerritsen to invest approximately $200.00 on some new chairs as a test and to cover the immediate need. Rich Moreau seconded the motion. The motion passed 5:0.
· Pool Deck Repairs: Brian Kirkpatrick led a discussion on two bids received for repairing the pool deck area. Additional bids are forthcoming and additional research is necessary before any recommendation could be made to the Board. Management was instructed to continue researching the subject and obtaining competitive bids for the different options.
· Address change update: Management advised that no additional news has been forthcoming from the County regarding this subject.
· Neighboring Development & Gated Entrance: There was discussion about the status of the development next door and about the agreement the Association has with the Developer regarding the gated entrance for Harbour Village. Management was instructed to obtain County regulations as they apply to the installation of a gated entrance and fences.
· Insurance Rate adjustments: Management advised that Citizens Insurance has notified the Association that a rebate of $5,625.00 on the 2006 premium will be forthcoming. Extensive discussion ensued on how to handle these rebated funds. Management was instructed to seek advice from the Association’s CPA as to any possible taxable event in the handling of these funds.
· Annual General Meeting: The AGM will be held on March 8th 2007. Management advised that the first notice was sent as required and the second notice will be mailed 14 days before the meeting.
There being no further business before the Board, Rich Moreau made a motion to adjourn, and Donna Gerritsen seconded the motion. The motion passed 5-0.