HARBOUR VILLAGE PROPERTY OWNERS ASSOCIATION, Inc.
Minutes of Annual Budget & Board of Directors Meeting
December 16th 2006
President, Brian Kirkpatrick, called the meeting to order at 10:00 am.
Board Members Present: President: Brian Kirkpatrick was present via telephone, Vice President: Rich Moreau, Secretary: Donna Gerritsen and Treasurer: Ty Bevington, were present in person, and Director: Naomi Conrad was present via telephone, thus establishing a quorum. Also present was Peter Grant, representing Peter Grant, Inc. our management company.
Notice of Meeting: A Meeting notice with agenda was posted in the normal manner in accordance with the Association Bylaws and Florida Statute #718 and a copy mailed to all Owners 14 days prior to the meeting.
Approval of Minutes:. Ty Bevington made a motion to approve the minutes of the 11/28/06 board meeting as previously distributed to board members. Rich Moreau seconded the motion. The motion passed 5-0.
Landscape Contract: Ty Bevington presented various bids from several contractors. After much discussion it was agreed to offer the contract to Peter Grant, Inc. subject to clarification of certain operational details. Donna Gerritsen made a motion to engage PGI at a rate of $1,700.00 per month. Rich Moreau seconded the motion. The motion passed 5:0. Ty Bevington & Rich Moreau were asked to meet with Peter after the Board Meeting to discuss the necessary details.
Clubhouse Holiday Reservations: Donna Gerritsen made a motion that an automatic reservation exist for community events in the clubhouse until 4:00pm on Easter Sunday, July 4th, Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day. Rich Moreau seconded the motion. The motion passed 5:0
· Loft Modification Inspections: Ty, Rich and Peter will inspect the identified units on Friday December 22nd to further isolate those units that require professional inspection.
· Dock/Piling Repairs. Rich Moreau made a motion to engage Steve Bell’s firm to repair 20 pilings at a cost of approximately $3,000.00, Ty Bevington seconded the motion. The motion passed 5:0. Management was instructed to contact Steve Bell and secure a firm contract and have the work completed.
· Brian Kirkpatrick made a motion to engage the local law firm of Wotizky Ross to ascertain if there is any procedure to block the address change proposed by the County. Rich Moreau seconded the motion. The motion passed 5:0
· Brian Kirkpatrick made a motion to charge an annual fee of $20.00 per unit owner accessing Association power for their private boat lifts. This fee would be re-assessed after one year to insure that it was adequate to cover the costs. Ty Bevington seconded the motion. The motion passed 5:0.
· A request had been received to allow remodeling of a unit during the time period that the condominium documents do not allow such work to be completed. After discussion, Rich Moreau made a motion that these rules are in place for good reason and should be followed by all Members. Donna Gerritsen seconded the motion. The motion passed 5:0.
· Next Board Meeting: The next board meeting will be held on Tuesday, January 16th 2007 at 9:30am.
There being no further business before the Board, Ty Bevington made a motion to adjourn, and Rich Moreau seconded the motion. The motion passed 5-0.