HARBOUR VILLAGE PROPERTY OWNERS ASSOCIATION, Inc.
Minutes of Budget & Board of Directors Meeting
December 2nd 2008
President, Rich Moreau, called the meeting to order at 10:03 am.
Board Members Present: In person were: President: Rich Moreau, Vice President: Donna Gerritsen, and Director: Mike Chiara; via teleconference were: Secretary: Naomi Conrad and Treasurer: Bill Lander, thus establishing a quorum. Also present was Peter Grant, representing Peter Grant, Inc. the Association’s Management Company.
Notice of Meeting: A Meeting notice with agenda was posted in the normal manner in accordance with the Association Bylaws and Florida Statute #718.
Approval of Minutes:. Donna made a motion to approve the minutes of the 11/4/08 Board Meeting as previously distributed. Second by Mike. All in favor. The motion passed 5:0.
Financial Report: Management presented financial statements as of 11/31/08 showing that the Association has $247,609.33 in cash or cash equivalents and $270,496.21 in total assets. Management was instructed to maintain the policy of sending delinquent accounts to the attorney when they reach 90 days in arrears. The YTD budget variance report was discussed and various questions answered. The current budget status shows $20,625.14 under budget year to date.
· Landscaping: Management advised that the landscapers have agreed to renew their contract at the same rate and drop the sprinkler portion. It was decided to have a volunteer group spread mulch in early January.
· Entry Gate Project: Management advised that Rob Martell and his contractor were here last week to measure the entry area to prepare a bid for the project.
· Mail Box replacement. Management is to follow up with the post office as to the style and location of mail boxes that would be acceptable to the mail carriers and then obtain firm pricing.
· Insurance: Management is to follow up with Tom Danaher to obtain information on the WC policy proposal.
· 2009 Budget Adoption: Management presented the budget proposal that was discussed at the last Board Meeting. It contained no increase in monthly dues. One small adjustment was made to the teleconference and contingency line items. Naomi made a motion to adopt the $374,110.61 budget. Second by Bill. All in favor. The motion passed 5:0.
· Vote to reaffirm 2 year terms: As required by changes to Chapter 718 of the Florida Statutes the Members were asked to vote on the two year staggered terms contained in our By-Laws. Thirty Nine affirmative votes were cast, zero against. The matter was approved.
The next Board meeting will be on January 27th at 9:00AM and the AGM will be held on March 24th at 10:00 AM.
There being no further business before the Board Donna made a motion to adjourn. Second by Bill Lander. The meeting was adjourned.