HARBOUR VILLAGE PROPERTY OWNERS ASSOCIATION, Inc.
Minutes of Board of Directors Meeting
December 12th 2007
President, Brian Kirkpatrick, called the meeting to order at 9:00 am.
Board Members Present: In person or via teleconference were: President: Brian Kirkpatrick, Vice President: Rich Moreau, Secretary: Donna Gerritsen, Treasurer: Ty Bevington and Director: Mike Chiara, thus establishing a quorum. Also present was Peter Grant, representing Peter Grant, Inc. the Association’s Management Company.
Notice of Meeting: A Meeting notice with agenda was posted in the normal manner in accordance with the Association Bylaws and Florida Statute #718.
Approval of Minutes:. Ty Bevington made a motion to approve the minutes of the 11/16/07 board meeting as previously distributed to the Directors. Rich Moreau seconded the motion. The motion passed 5-0.
Financial Report: Ty Bevington presented financial statements as of 11/30/07 showing that the Association is in a strong financial condition. Management advised of an additional T-Bill and CD maturing and was instructed to roll them into CD’s providing the best returns.
· Landscaping/Grounds keeping:
o Mowing and lawn-care: A motion was made by Brian Kirkpatrick instructing Management to interview and select a lawn mowing contractor from the firms who have provided bids. Mike Chiara seconded the motion. Extensive discussion ensued on the whole landscaping issue with presentations by Donna Gerritsen and Mike Chiara on proposals and information provided by contractors. All in favor. The motion passed 5:0. Discussion continued on the preparation of plans for (a) the shrubs, plants & gardens (b) Warren Ave plantings and (c) palm tree maintenance. Pictures of the various possibilities will be circulated for the next meeting.
· Paver Update: Management advised that the contractor called to say the order has been placed and delivery should occur during the last week on the month with a projected start date during the first week of January.
· Gate Project: Management was instructed to write to Rob Martell advising that the Board is ready to move forward on the project and request his input for pricing and funding.
· Resident Registration process: Management was instructed to prepare permanent & temporary parking permits and to send resident registration forms to all owners and to supply each owner with 2 temporary parking permits for them to give to guests or renters. This permit would hang from the vehicle mirror whereas permanent (longer than 2 weeks) vehicles would receive a small glass mounted permit.
· Planning for AGM: March 5th 2008 at 10:00 was selected as the date for the Annual General Meeting to be held. Management was instructed to send all necessary notices in a timely manner as required by Florida Statute and the Association’s documents.
· Access gate for service vehicles: While new plantings are made along the Warren Avenue boundary provision has to be made for a gate for service vehicles on the river side of the buildings. Pictures and prices are to be gathered by Management and provided at the next meeting.
· Owner Request for use of facilities: An owner requested permission to use the clubhouse and pool area for a family member’s wedding on May 24th 2008 including having a band set up in the pool area. Permission was granted providing the owner grants to the Association a full liability waiver, limits the pool use time to 10:00 pm and is respectful of noise levels during the evening.
The next Board meeting will be held on January 15th 2008 at 9:00am
There being no further business before the Board the meeting was adjourned.