HARBOUR VILLAGE PROPERTY OWNERS ASSOCIATION, Inc.
Minutes of Board of Directors Meeting
August 5th 2009
President, Rich Moreau, called the meeting to order at 9:00 am.
Board Members Present: In person were: President: Rich Moreau and Treasurer: Mike Chiara; via teleconference were: Vice President: Brian Kirkpatrick, Secretary: Naomi Conrad & Director: Bill Lander thus establishing a quorum. Also present was Peter Grant, representing Peter Grant, Inc. the Association’s Management Company.
Notice of Meeting: A Meeting notice with agenda was posted in the normal manner in accordance with the Association Bylaws and Florida Statute #718.
Approval of Minutes: Brian Kirkpatrick made a motion to approve the minutes of the 6/2/09 Board Meeting as previously distributed. Second by Bill Lander. All in favor. The motion passed 5:0.
Financial Report: Treasurer Mike Chiara presented financial statements as of 7/31/09 showing that the Association has $278,060.73 in cash or cash equivalents and $279,949.38 in total assets. The YTD budget variance report was discussed and various questions answered. The current budget status shows $2,520.29 under budget year to date. Management was instructed to investigate the possibility of combining the various pool reserve line items into one account and include filter equipment.
· Drainage: Mike Chiara advised that the drainage project between #3 & #4 is completed. Rich expressed the thanks’ of the Board to Mike for all his efforts on this project.
· Entry Gate Project: Management detailed the response from the attorneys that the contract appeared binding. They advised that the next step would be a formal request to Mr. Martell to proceed with the installation. Brian accepted the responsibility of drafting a letter and circulating it to the board for comment.
· Fire Alarms: Management advised that the fire alarm ‘communicator’ installation is underway and will be completed shortly.
· Hose Bibs: B&K Plumbing submitted a bid of $248 per hose bib isolation. Management was instructed to obtain additional bids for all the plumbing work.
· Pool Heater: Rich explained that we have been advised by Symbiont Services that one of the pool heater compressors requires replacement. They provided a bid to replace it for $1,798 but strongly urged that the entire unit be replaced due to it’s age. The price bid for replacement was $10,521. Management was instructed to ascertain if anyone else can do the work on a Symbiont product and if so to get additional pricing, or if there was another local geo thermal vendor qualified to bid on replacement units.
The next Board meeting will be on September 22nd 2009 at 9:00AM
There being no further business before the Board Bill Lander made a motion to adjourn. Second by Naomi Conrad. All in favor. The meeting was adjourned.