HARBOUR VILLAGE PROPERTY OWNERS ASSOCIATION, Inc.
Minutes of Board Meeting
April 27th 2010
President, Rich Moreau, called the meeting to order at 9:00 am.
Board Members Present: In person were: Rich Moreau, Donna Gerritsen & Bill Lander, via teleconference were Brian Kirkpatrick & Vincent Tuccio thus establishing a quorum. Also present was Peter Grant, representing Peter Grant, Inc. the Association’s Management Company.
Notice of Meeting: A Meeting notice with agenda was posted in the normal manner in accordance with the Association Bylaws and Florida Statute #718.
Approval of Minutes: Brian Kirkpatrick made a motion to approve the minutes of the 1/19/2010 Board Meeting as previously distributed. Second by Bill Lander. All in favor. The motion passed 5:0.
Financial Report: Management presented draft financial statements as of 3/31/2010 showing that the Association has $286,632.84 in cash or cash equivalents and $292,031.39 in total assets. The March and YTD budget variance reports were discussed and various questions answered. The current expense budget status shows $899.17 under budget year to date.
· Entry Gate Project: The gate company has a signed contract with Rob Martell and is just waiting for a deposit check to submit application for the permit.
· Stair Carpet: Rich Moreau explained that the stair re-carpeting project will commence next week.
· Pool Equipment Fence: Brian Kirkpatrick made a motion to approve expenditure of up to $5,000 on the installation of the pool equipment enclosure fence as required by Florida Statute. Second by Donna Gerritsen. Rich explained that fencing product had been priced at Lowes (approximately $1,500) and that on Thursday morning USA Fence would be on site to provide a bid also. It was suggested that Management contact Mike Smith to see if he would also give a bid on the project. All in favor. The motion passed 5:0.
· Parking Bumpers: Management described a recycled plastic bumper that is available in lieu of the concrete variety and was instructed to purchase four and install them on a test basis. The local supplier of the picnic tables should also be contacted as a potential supplier.
· Speed Bumps- EMS: Bill Lander advised that in neighboring Lee County an ordinance has been passed banning speed bumps within condominium complexes. Management was instructed to ascertain if a similar ordinance exists or may be planned for Charlotte County.
· Boat Yard Gate: Bill Lander made a motion to approve expenditure of up to $1,000 to replace and repair broken boat yard gate/s. Second by Donna Gerritsen. All in favor. The motion passed 5:0
· Management Instructions: Management was asked to investigate and repair the following items – loose deck board/s on fishing pier – cost to repair tennis court/s – Loose pavers at pool gate entrance.
The next Board meeting will be on June 22nd 2010 at 9:00AM
There being no further business before the Board Vincent Tuccio made a motion to adjourn. Second by Bill Lander. All in favor. The meeting was adjourned.