HARBOUR VILLAGE PROPERTY OWNERS ASSOCIATION, Inc.
Minutes of Board of Directors Meeting
April 28th 2009
President, Rich Moreau, called the meeting to order at 9:00 am.
Board Members Present: In person were: President: Rich Moreau, Director: Bill Lander, and Treasurer: Mike Chiara; via teleconference were: Vice President: Brian Kirkpatrick, Secretary: Naomi Conrad thus establishing a quorum. Also present was Peter Grant, representing Peter Grant, Inc. the Association’s Management Company.
Notice of Meeting: A Meeting notice with agenda was posted in the normal manner in accordance with the Association Bylaws and Florida Statute #718.
Approval of Minutes:. Mike Chiara made a motion to approve the minutes of the 12/2/08 Board Meeting as previously distributed. Second by Bill Lander. All in favor. The motion passed 5:0.
Financial Report: Treasurer Mike Chiara presented financial statements as of 3/31/09 showing that the Association has $271,175.28 in cash or cash equivalents and $276,499.40 in total assets. The YTD budget variance report was discussed and various questions answered. The current budget status shows $1,854.69 over budget year to date.
· Drainage: Mike Chiara advised that the drainage project between #3 & #4 is underway and should be completed during the next couple of weeks.
· Entry Gate Project: Management advised that Rob Martell and his contractor have not yet presented a bid for the project even though many follow up calls have been made. Management was instructed to continue calling.
· Villas Amenity Agreement: Rich Moreau presented a copy of a modified addendum to the agreement that requires a review of the number of Villas units paying their dues on the first anniversary date and a resulting change in the monthly amount payable. Brian made a motion to approve the amended agreement and present it to the Villas Board for their final approval and signatures. Second by Mike Chiara. All in favor. The motion passed.
· Unit #414 Request, Flooring: Rich Moreau made a motion to approve the Owner’s request for installation of hardwood floors in compliance with the Association’s documents. Second by Mike Chiara. All in favor. The motion passed. Management was instructed to insure that the installation be inspected and the sound proofing material meets the specifications as presented to the Board.
· Fire Alarms: Rich Moreau advised that the Fire Marshall is requiring the Association to upgrade the alarm system and asked Management to go over the bids and required changes. Management presented two bids – with explanations about missing pull stations in buildings #1 and #2 plus the need for the system to be monitored by an approved security alarm. Prices ranged from $5,700 to $9,850. Bill Lander made a motion to have Management work with Southwest Florida Alarm & Security, Inc. to insure their proposal is approved by the Fire Marshall and Building Inspector prior to commencement of work. Funding would be from the Building Repair Reserve account. Second by Brian Kirkpatrick. All in favor. The motion passed.
· Back Flow Valve: Rich Moreau made a motion to have B & K Plumbing replace the back flow prevention valve in the main water supply line and have the Villas pay their required share of this mandated replacement cost of $3,561.00. Second by Bill Lander. All in favor. The motion passed.
· Sewer Increase: Rich Moreau explained that the Riverwood CDD (sewer system) has implemented an ‘off property’ infrastructure future maintenance funding fee on HVPOA of $727.08 per month. This was not a budgeted item and will drain our contingency line item throughout the year. It is possible that a small increase may have to be implemented later in the year to cover this expense.
The next Board meeting will be on June 2nd 2009 at 9:00AM
There being no further business before the Board Brian Kirkpatrick made a motion to adjourn. Second by Naomi Conrad. All in favor. The meeting was adjourned.