HARBOUR VILLAGE PROPERTY OWNERS ASSOCIATION, Inc.
Minutes of Board of Directors Meeting
April 3rd 2008
President, Rich Moreau, called the meeting to order at 9:30 am.
Board Members Present: In person were: President: Rich Moreau, Vice President: Donna Gerritsen, Secretary: Naomi Conrad, Treasurer: Bill Lander and Director: Mike Chiara, thus establishing a quorum. Also present was Peter Grant, representing Peter Grant, Inc. the Association’s Management Company.
Notice of Meeting: A Meeting notice with agenda was posted in the normal manner in accordance with the Association Bylaws and Florida Statute #718.
Approval of Minutes:. Donna Gerritsen made a motion to approve the minutes of the 2/12/08 board meeting as presented to the Directors. Mike Chiara seconded the motion. The motion passed 5-0.
Financial Report: Management presented financial statements as of 3/31/08 showing that the Association has $225,002.46 in cash or cash equivalents and $295,039.39 in total assets. Management advised that as of today there are no major delinquencies. The YTD budget variance report was discussed and various questions answered. The current status shows $2,014.44 over budget for the first quarter. It was noted that our annual budget is front end loaded, meaning that many expenses occur during the first quarter and the budget works into balance throughout the year.
· Drainage: Discussion ensued regarding the continuing drainage issues. A volunteer group led by Brian Kirkpatrick is installing a culvert on the western boundary to help run off. Mike Chiara was asked to lead a project to install drains between building 3 and 4. Management was instructed to have gravity drain pipes snaked to improve flow.
· Light Replacement Update: Management advised that the 72 lights on the parking lot side have now all been replaced. A shipment of yellow bug bulbs is on order to finalize this portion of the project. Later in the year the river side lights will be updated.
· Bathroom Upgrades: Management was instructed to finalize bids to repair damaged walls and re-tile the outside bathrooms. A volunteer group will repaint when ready.
· Pool Rim Tiles: Management was instructed to continue research on practical ways to cover the blue perimeter tiles.
· Resident Registration: Management was instructed to continue placing violation notices on vehicles not displaying parking permits.
· Rear Access Gate for Service Vehicles: A volunteer group led by Brian has installed a 14 foot galvanized gate.
· Management was instructed to obtain pricing for replacement of damaged ceiling tiles in the clubhouse.
The next Board meeting will be on May 22nd 2008 at 10:00AM
There being no further business before the Board Donna Gerritsen made a motion to adjourn. Second by Bill Lander. The meeting was adjourned.